Fire Damage Repair in Miami
Fires can occur without warning and can forever change your life, so when you are trying to clean up after a fire, there are many things to keep in mind to safely clean this. Your natural instinct after a fire is to jump in and see what has been damaged and what can be saved. However, you have to make sure you are safe as you go through your home or business after a fire. Timely action can be a great help, so make sure you trust the experts in fire damage repair. To help you get started, here are some helpful does and don’ts to keep in mind as you deal with the aftermath of fire damage.
Clean and protect the metal fixtures, faucets, and accessories and use soft non abrasive cleaners to remove soot and ash from them.
Vacuum ember particles, ash, and light debris from upholstery, draperies, and carpeting. Opening windows can help freshen the air and keep things from getting stuffy.
Contact experts that offer cleaning and restoration services to effectively and securely do the fire damage repairs.
Move your pets to a clean environment to keep them safe and also to keep them out of the way as you or the Miami fire restoration experts work to repair your home.
Retain a contractor to board up open windows, roofs, or other penetrations in order to prevent additional damage.
If you experience fire damage in Miami, you need to take steps to secure valuable that are salvageable. Remove them from your home or business and store them in safe place so you can clean them and restore them.
Attempt to clean fire residues from walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces, this is what the fire damage experts are supposed to do. Water Restoration Guys can help you clean up after a fire safely and effectively.
Use carpeting or upholstered furniture that has been severely stained, soiled, or damaged.
Use food items or canned goods that went through the fire- there is too much risk of contamination from the heat and smoke.
Use electrical appliances until they have been cleaned and checked by a fire damage repair service and the area they are used in has been cleaned to avoid risk of shock or further damage.